Monday, July 21, 2008

One week left



So, as you can tell by the date, I have a little more than a week left until I embark on my journey to Korea. Most of us are feeling pretty anxious about the situation because it seems sorta fly-by-night-ish, since we haven't heard anything about our flight information and our PSU coordinator decided that she was going to go on vacation. It's been some confusing hell over here as far as that goes, and I'm getting real tired of everyone's question: "When does your flight leave man?"

But in other news, we went clothes shopping, so now I have the best collection of assorted T-Shirts and slacks than I've ever had before. However, this all reminded me that I once had a goal of losing a bunch of weight before I go, and apparently I did not, as I had to buy the biggest clothes on the planet. So, don't be surprised if I'm doing a lot of dieting in Korea.

As much as I dislike Taekwondo, I may end up joining a Taekwondo club while I'm there, if nothing more than for the exercise. I mean, it would be really cool to study a martial art from there while I'm there -- like I did when I was living in Kotoni and Sato Kyoudai was willing to teach for free -- you know. Besides, I really like those papers that say things like, "Honor" and "Praise". I know it takes years for black belts, but who knows...

...Maybe I can find a nice Hopkido place. That's Korean Aikido, which probably wouldn't be that bad.

Mostly I just want exercise. All this is moot while I sit here on my couch and talk about what I'm going to do in Korea. It would be more productive for me to fill out more stuff from the "Maximize Your Study Abroad" book. I should get to that.

Anyway, party on dudes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, this is Brad, I have a month left for my trip to China... I will try and keep up on your blog, I may start a flickr account and tell my own epic Asia tale through photos!!!

Have a load of good experiences and learn a lot !

Heero2020 said...

Thanks Brad, I will try to do my best to learn as much as I can.

Have fun in China man.